MELLOTEX Brilliant White paper
- BRILLIANT WHITE - extra brilliant white 250gsm (95lbs)
- Size: 45 × 58 cm (17¾" × 23")
- Minimum order - 5 sheets.
- All orders will be shipped rolled.
- 18" × 12" sheets can be shipped flat on request.
- Price per sheet - £1.80
I've been working on Mellotex (formerly Ivorex) for over 30 years and in that time I've never found an equal.
If, like me, you detest the texture of your paper interfering with what you are trying to depict, you'll love Mellotex. Mellotex is a double-sided plate-finish paper with virtually no detectable surface texture.
It's tough! You can crisply indent Mellotex, and erase almost endlessly without destroying the surface.
It's smooth! Although very dark tones will need to be applied with some pressure, you can gently lay down light tone that will blend or layer to produce seamless skin tones and faultless skies.
If you're technically minded: the smooth uncoated sheet is pH neutral, unbuffered and 100% elemental chlorine-free. Mellotex paper conforms to ISO 9706 and is therefore suitable for archival use or applications requiring 'acid-free' paper.
Mellotex (as Ivorex) used to be available in art stores but is now restricted to the printing industry. That's why the trade minimum orders are so huge! A minimum of 200 sheets here in the UK and 7200 in the US. And that's why we decided to supply the art market with affordable order sizes - our minimum is just 5 sheets.
We supply 250gsm BRILLIANT White Mellotex, which approximates to 95 lb watercolour paper. Orders are rolled and tubed for safety (we can ship flat on request), and most artists tell us they simply roll their sheets in the reverse direction and then weigh them down with books for a couple of days before use.
Please note: I have worked on Ivorex and Mellotex Ultra White. Ultra White is no longer manufactured in 250gsm weight and the nearest weights available (115gsm and 340gsm) are either too thin to work on or too heavy to ship. I have tested the new 250gsm BRILLIANT WHITE MELLOTEX and:
- It is visibly whiter than Ultra White for greater contrast in your drawings.
- It indents as well and as cleanly as Ultra did.
- It feels even smoother than Ultra - which I didn't think was possible!
- It is virtually devoid of any surface texture, so it won't interfere with the marks you make or the flat shading you apply.
- Darks need as much work as Ultra did but no more
Shipping within UK
- Shipping — 5 sheets: £4.20
each additional sheet: £0.45
- 5 sheets — £13.20
- 10 sheets — £24.45 (lowest per sheet cost)
Shipping within EUROPE
Shipping to AUSTRALIA and NEW ZEALAND
Shipping to REST OF THE WORLD
- Mellotex is made on twin wire machines and combines a unique smoothness and crispness with superb print performance.
- Mellotex conforms to ISO 9706 requirements for permanence and as such is suitable for archival use or applications requiring 'acid-free' paper.
- Mellotex complies with the Packaging (Essential Requirements) Regulation 1998; SI1165; for heavy metal content.
- Mellotex is made from 100% Elemental Chlorine Free woodpulps, sourced from carefully managed and renewed forests.